Monday, August 20, 2018

Imp's Top 10 Most Wanted Death Battles Revised




The first blog I ever did was making a list of my top 10 most wanted Death Battles. However time has gone, my mind has changed, some fights have been done or one of the fighters has fought someone else. So this is my revised top 10 most wanted fights. Note: This does not take into account how likely these fights are. Some of these I feel are very likely to happen, some are incredibly likely.

10:


Brainiac (DC Comics) vs Ultron (Marvel Comics)

Bit of a confession; despite being a massive Superman fan I'm not a fan of most of his villain roster. There are 3 exceptions, maybe 4 depending on who you count, and the one I easily think is most underrated is Brainiac. I really like Brainiac as a villain and from what I know Ultron would make for the perfect adversary for him. I don't tend to like a lot of science-fiction fights in general (I'm more into Fantasy) but this would be an excellent fight that would amazing from a strategic angle.

9:


Emperor Mateus (Final Fantasy) vs Darth Sidious (Star Wars)

These two, it's like they were made to fight each other. Highly thematic, same stat range, both with manifold hax and abilities that happen to perfectly synchronize, just cosmic enough to get that cosmic epic feel while being just down to Earth enough to have an earthy weight to it, really just great.

8:

Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magicka) vs Panty Anarchy (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

Despite being just complete opposites personality wise, I love both Mami and Panty, basically the exact same amount. Getting to see these two fight would be a dream. It would be incredibly entertaining and seemingly pretty fair.

7:


Majokko Club Battle Royale

Easily the least likely to actually happen. Back in the 80s studio pierrot made 4 big magical girl series and then happen all join a single magical girl term the Majokko Club. Even though it's never gonna happen, it would be super nostalgic for me and hilarious to see other people react to the magic bs that these 4 regularly pull out of nothing. 

6:


Justice League of America (DC Comics) vs Justice Society of America (DC Comics)

Also pretty unlikely since if they were gonna do the JLA they'd just put them up against the Avengers but this is just fairer, as thematic if not more given their long history of crossover fights back in the Silver Age, and just involves more characters I want to see. 

5:


Isaac Clarke (Dead Space) vs Gordan Freeman (Half Life)

Honestly, I just don't know why they haven't done this one already. Both are fairly popular, Gordon perhaps a little more so. The fight itself is pretty popular. Both's powers are rooted in fairly straightforward science giving them plenty of chance to do the kind of numbers showing calcs they love to do. Neither of them are that strong or are that hard to show off...is it just because of sprites or something? Because honestly this fight would be amazing and unique given their interesting physics based powers.

4: 


Guardian Senshi Battle Royale (Sailor Moon)

This was my first death prediction and I still want it A LOT. There's really not even a lot to say. The Sailor Senshi are my favorite Team, and these four would have an amazingly even and interesting fight.

3: 


Castle Crashers (Castle Crashers) vs Magicka Wizards (Magicka)

From my first death prediction to my first death prediction collab. This fight is plain weird to think about given somehow BOTH sides are the underdog. Nonethless it has the chance to be a very funny fight while still being epic and thrilling.

2: 


Darkseid (DC Comics) vs Thanos (Marvel Comics)

Galactus vs Unicron? Bleh. THIS is the Universe-Destroying Cosmic Villain fight that "I" wanna see. A fight that will inevitably push the level of destruction DB can do, with villains whose versatility and scope can lead to a fight of nigh-infinite permutations and possibilities. 

1:


Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon) vs Carddaptor Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)

COME ON DEATH BATTLE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


1 comment:

  1. Nice list! I love top tens. I'd like to see all of these become DB episodes but if I were to narrow it down to say, three, I'd really like to see SM vs CCS, Emprah vs Emprah, and Castle Crashers vs Magicka Wizards most out of the fights on this list. Two of those are match ups you've already written fights for, maybe I will see the third one show up as a blog some day?

    ReplyDelete