Sunday, August 8, 2021

Intelligence Levels explained via Supervillain Schemes

A comedic blog idea I thought up, demonstrating levels of intelligence by what kind of inventor type supervillain scheme they could create with the level of technology they can make. Hopefully this will be funny and/or give an inutitive feel for the Kardashev Scale, at least as far as my understanding of it goes.

Type 0.1 Level Intellect: Can use basic tools. Below Average Human. 

  • "Grung smash your in head with club unless you do what Grung say."
  • "Grung hide into darkness and stab him with sharp stick Grung made."

Type 0.25 Level Intellect: Can create technology like that of a continental-sized empire (like the Roman Empire) with a demonstration of scientific principles of large empires pre-gunpowder. Above Average Human, Clever.
  • "This building was made before modern fire codes. If anyone takes a step forward, I'll drop this match setting the whole building alight!"
  • "This device will catapult the message into that window over there."
  • "We want to poison the water supply enough that people get sick but not die so they will blame the Water Company Preseident so that's about THIS much!"

Type 0.5 Level Intellect: Can create technology single-handedly like that of the Industrial Revolution and early Modern technology. Full knowledge of a scientific field, genius intellect.
  • "Yes my fellow citizens. Those mongrels somehow cut off all your electricity, but see how I have restored it with my transistor? You can trust me!"
  • "You may notice a sense of paralysis...the chemical poison you have just consumed is temporary but I doubt you will live long enough to celebrate the fact!"
  • "What's this? This, you primitives, is a firearm I have just fashioned. With a press of a button, any single one of you will be blown away no matter your might or your armor!"

Type 0.75 Level Intellect: Modern Earth is ~Type 0.73. Can create modern to Near Future Technology single-handedly. Peak Human intellect, smartest people in a realistic world like ours now. 
  • "The modern world REQUIRES the internet to function....what would happen if someone could shut...it.....off?"
  • "Hmmmm...I gave you a quick scan....no weapons, heart signal normal, no spy bugs on you....very well you may see my most secret plan." 
  • "He's on our tail, deploy the mini-mines in the trunk!"

Type 1 Level Intellect: A civilization that makes our look like the Industrial Revolution or the Industrial Revolution like the Roman Empire, a vastly primitive imitation. Technology of a Type 1 civilization is generally technology understandable to our current understanding, but as of present unfeasible due to sheer cost, time, and energy requirement.
  • "My Robot army is stronger, faster, and far more rebuildable then any human army. With them I can take over the world!"
  • "They called me mad, but I have created new life. My child...they will call you an abomination but I all you the next step in human evolution!"
  • "With my weather machine, I will call down a furious storm that will devastate this town unless I am paid the sum of my choosing!"
  • "They've discovered my base....quick! Retreat to the Lunar Base!" 

Type 2 Level Intellect: From this point, each civilization makes each Type prior a whole level before look like a Type 0 Ape Tribe. Technology that stretches our current understanding, which can be understood as hypothetically possible but are at the limits of our scientific ability to understand.
  • "With a press of a button, I can use relativistic mass to shift the space around me...teleporting seemingly faster than light! It will be child's play to teleport inside the bank, tank the money, and warp out."
  • "No! The AI I built to destroy...its become fully aware and now it seeks vengeance on me for creating it!"
  • "Muahaha, I lured the colonists to the planet I terraformed to make it habitable...and with a burst of antimatter, I will erase their whole settlement in one titanic explosion!"
  • "Call for her all you like, but her mind is uploaded into my virtual reality machine...and if you try to intervene I will delete her mind completely!"

Type 3 Level Intellect: Can create structure the sizes of and can manipulate celestial bodies like planets or stars. Cosmic scale inventions. Technology that defies or manipulates the laws of physics as we currently understand. Creating technology that can affect higher planes of reality.
  • "My FTL drive means by the time they come searching for me, I'll be halfway across the galaxy!"
  • "Little do they know that it 24 hours the bomb I implanted on the planet will be set off and turn the planet to dust!"
  • "My Ghost Blaster operates on manipulation of ectoplasm and will allow me to detect and destroy any meddlesome ghostly heroes!"
  • "My matter condensor will warp gravity to create a small black hole, that should keep the guards busy quite nicely while I figure something out!"

Type 4 Level Intellect: Can create technology working on a macro-cosmic scale, affecting galaxies or the whole universe. Manipulation of the physical laws of the universe. Complex manipulation of higher planes of reality, or can affect transcendent planes of reality like the conceptual or the metafictional. Technology indistinguishable from magic. 
  • "My super science is advanced enough, I can control all the wills in the universe just by saying 'Alakazam!' "
  • "Fool! Your galaxy was already doomed but I have just designed to speed up the collision with the Andromeda Galaxy by orders of magnitude!"
  • "The Progression of time....what a pointless thing. With this remote's pause button I can pause time, giving me all the time in the world!"
  • "I have not forgotten my old arch-nemesis that you are an embodiment of the concept of justice. That's why I have designed this instrinsic field destroyer. Soon your "justice" will fade from the universe, and Injustice will reign!"

Type 5 Level Intellect: Can create technology indistinguishable from divinity, manipulations incomprehensible to humanity or do incredibly complex esoteric effects. Manipulation of an entire multiverse or any form of infinity. Control of conceptual or metafictional forms of existence. Civilizations of conceptually or metafictionally intelligent gods who embody intelligence or are metafictional constructs of awareness.
  • "You stand against me? Do you not know with a wave of my hand I can erase every version of you that has ever existed from every version of the universe with my technology?"
  • "You see...I put the universe itself into my hyper-spatial box. And even with your infinite speed...you'll never escape. The space inside is infinitely big!"
  • "I can never seem to win against those wretched heroes. This machine will let me go through every possible universe at one to find the greatest chance of success."
  • "I've got it! They only win because they're the hero....but if I construct a machine that can make ME the hero of the story.....heheheheHAHAHAHA!"
My intuition is that feats can be measured in terms of scale, versatility, and fundamentality, and that feats can be compared in the same type by having greater degree of these. That is to say a feat of creating a machine that can destroy infinite space is not as good as a feat of creating a machine capable of warping infinite space in any way one imagines, which is not as good as a feat of creating a machine that can warp infinite metafictional space in any way one imagines.

No comments:

Post a Comment