Wednesday, February 10, 2021

My 3x3

3x3s are a thing usually used for favorite 9 anime, something used for other media, for the purposes of quickly showing what kind of person you are and what your tastes are. However I wanted to make one that show my favorite of 9 different medium, or what seem to be the 9 most commonly discused mediums. So these are my favorites in 9 different categories


From Top Left across and down:

Favorite Modern Novel: Good Omens: I love both Gaiman and Pratchett's writing style and having them together is the real dream team. I think the novel is funny, insightful, gives lots of interesting things to think about and I love the dynamic between Aziraphale and Crowley. I also think the worldbuilding and tone is just really cool.

Favorite Comic Series: The Sandman: Not going raise too many eyebrows here, the Sandman is a classic highly well regarded. Dream is such an amazing character and every single issue is just an amazing idea and the atmosphere is just perfect.

Favorite Web Series: Sword Art Online Abridged: I don't watch too many web series, but of the ones that I'm watching it's gotta be SAO Abridged. Hilarious series, so quoteable, and tells a completely compelling emotionally engaging series. I've never SAO so can't compare it to that but I love SAO Abridged.

Favorite Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura: I adore the manga and this is an anime that is actually around the same level of quality as the manga which blows my mind. It's cute, it's got cool dramatic stuff and fun light-hearted stuff. The premise gives so much possiblity that the show takes advantage of and it's such an all-star cast of characters; Sakura, Kero, Yue, Ruby Moon are all in my top 100 characters.

Favorite Manga: Sailor Moon: Obvious series is obvious, this is my favorite series of all time. It's a series that heavily emotionally impacts me everytime I read it, I adore every part of it, especially the first and fifth arc endings. I re-read it all the time. I love the characters, I love the plot, I love the world, I could go on forever about it.

Favorite Movie: Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Rose: Just amazing, I have so much adoration for this film and how much it's helped me through tough times in my life. The finale will forever be my favorite scene in all of fiction. Emotionally engaging, with just the right amounts of romance, comedy, and drama.

Favorite Live-Action Series: Toei Spider-Man. I don't watch much live-action stuff but I do have a fair bit of nostalgia for Toei Spider-Man so I put it as favorite. Even though I'm not a kid anymore, I still think Leopardon is cool, and him showing up in the Spider-Verse comic series was one of my favorite Spider-Man moments ever. 

Favorite Video Game: Magicka: Magicka is amazing, it fills me with nostalgia for early 2010s, it's relaxing, funny. The game is unlike any other game I played where so much of it comes down to intuition and one just feeling out how to act because trying to think it through takes too long. It really fits how I want to play a game, just leeting it flow through me.

Favorite Cartoon: Danny Phantom: Danny Phantom as a cartoon merged two of my favorite genres; the superhero genre and the occult fiction genre and the fusion was as good as I hoped it would be, both dramatic and mysterious. The series has an atmosphere I've seen even attemped very rarely in western cartoons creating a sense of the alien otherworldy which is part of what I really love in fiction in general.

Most of these are liable to be changed but I hoped you learned about me from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment