Sunday, March 24, 2019

A Pet Peeve of mine

Ok I don't know if this is just a pet peeve of mine but wanted to mention it. It's in films I like, films I'm neutral on, and films I don't like and it slightly irks me every time. It's not a super bad thing, just a slight annoyance.

I really don't like when films change location and then bring up a thing saying where they are when it's completely superfluous. If it's directly relevant to the plot and they can't explain without showing an image iconic of where they are or bringing it up in dialogue then fine but it annoys me when it's obvious to anyone where they are (in general I don't like being told things that are obvious). I saw one film, can't remember which one though, that showed a spaceship in the void of space with like background stars and planets and the text just said "Outer Space" and I was just thinking "are you kidding me? Of course it's outer space!"

I don't know if this bugs anyone else or just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment