Monday, May 10, 2021

Random Issue Battle 2

 Time for another installment of random issue battle. This is going to be taking two characters and determing who would win with the caveat that both only get the feats from a single random issue/episode/level etc. of their series. Scaling is allowed but scaling towards feats that happened in that issue/episode/level.

After the last one using my two favorite characters I figured I would do battles using the death predictions I've done. To fit the theme I actually decided to pick one randomly from the list each week, removing ones I've already done. If it's a character with multiple series I'm just doing their main series and if it's one they just don't appear in, then another random one will be picked. Engaging the random thing picker the matchup I get for this week is:

The Beast vs sans.

Alright so thinking about it, this is going to be odd because The Beast doesn't have that many feats in general but sans are all concentrated at the end of Genocide. I imagine both will only get like 1-2 feats in a random episode/level which will make things odd. For The Beast gonna watch an ep of OTGW and if The Beast doesn't appear, randomize again. I wasn't actually sure to use 22 minutes, which is the standard length of an episode, or what the show calls an "episode" which are only 11 minutes, but for the sake of setting a precedent of trying to keep things fair I am going to be using a full 22 minutes. For sans, it's a bit more complicated since UT is a game, but UT has 6 sections I'm treating as "levels" (Ruins, Snowdin, Waterfall, Hotland, The Core, New Home) and I'm multiplying that by three for a neutral run first, then a pacifist run, then a genocide run so it's a random number from 1 to 18 starting with Neutral Ruins and ending at Genocide New Home. If sans doesn't appear then I pick another one. 


Starting with the Beast I get full episode 2 (episodes 3/4) Off the top of my head, I can't think of any feats Beast has in those eps although I think Woodsman gives a warning to Wirt and Greg in the episode 4. 

  • It's implied by a person's fright of the Beast despite being on carriage back that the Beast may be faster then a horse. (0:40)
  • The Beast is treated as a massive deal that scares the people in the tavern at his mention (7:45)
  • It is stated the Beast "lurks out there in the unknown" perhaps implying some stealth ability as well as the ability to survive in the woods (7:50)
  • It is implied the Beast is a manipulator as it is said "better be wise and don't believe his lies" (8:12)
  • It is stated the Beast can turn someone whose will is spoiled into a tree of oil and use them to light his lantern (8:17)
There was more then I thought, mostly because I forgot to consider the Tavern song where they basically mention Beast's modus operandi. Technically the flame in the latern shifts, but this ep doesn't establish that it's Beast's soul in there. Using just this ep Beast is clearly a dangerous thing, strong enough to scare a group of peope, implied to move at similar speeds to a horse, can turn people whose will is gone to trees, and has stealth/manipulation abilities. Seems pretty dangerous and it's pretty hard to imagine one section of UT save Genocide New Home can stop it.

Going into sans I'm going to pick a random level for UT: I get 15 which is Genocide Hotland. This is impossible as in Genocide Route sans disappears after Snowdin and doesn't reappear untill New Home. The next number I get is 8 which is Pacifist Snowdin. 
There are other feats in Snowdin but sans doesn't really scale to them. sans doesn't have a lot of feats although surprisingly enough he does at least have a strength feat, even if it's vague. His teleportation is fairly notable even just within Snowdin.

Fight:

So this one is interesting. Both characters seem to have stealth skill though Beast's is more vague. Comparing them in strength sans easily crushed a branch a child couldn't lift while The Beast is strong enough to scare a room full of adults. I think it's more likely the Beast is stronger as there's no reason to think the tavern folk couldn't have armed themselves and gotten at least into the hundreds to low thousands of joules. 

sans in this section doesn't demonstrate his lack of hope weakness that said he is still to weak to killing intent which, it's very clear The Beast has as he turns people to wood and uses them for oil. As such I definitely think if Beast hit sans, sans would die. That said sans has teleportation, and assuming no prior knowledge, it seems both in-character and reasonable to assume sans could just teleport behind the Beast and punch him in the back of the head.

From there, I think it depends how well you think The Beast could withstand sans' attacks. The Beast is possibly faster and if he manages to hit sans with an off blow, it possibly could just one-shot him. That said if sans decided to just keep teleporting to different sides of The Beast, I can't see a reason he wouldn't be able to knock out The Beast in a few hits, especially if he grabbed some sort of weapon. With characters this low in tier; area of the body targeted and use of force multipliers are a lot more important. Unless the Beast gets a lucky shot in, I think sans probably wins with teleport spam and a few strikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment