Friday, September 13, 2019

A small retraction

In my Starfire Death Analysis and subsequent blogs Are Starfire's Feats Outliers and Comic Starfire Battle Royale I brought up Starfire surviving near the Black Hole in Infinite Crisis as a feat, as it was a 95 million mile wide black hole that was destroying galaxies, threatening the universe and was shifting the universe off-center





As well as surviving it's closure which released an immense amount of energy


However I tried to actually calculate and I don't know if I'm just using bizarrely conservative estimates or something but my calcs did not get any remotely cosmic. 

Now granted, I knew that the surface area and distance from event meant it was not a galactic or universal feat, I assumed it would probably be somewhere in the planetary or stellar range. Yet the highest energy value I got from this was in the gigaton range (I calced it a few ways based on the different apparent distances in different comic panels)

Mostly this came because the surface area was SO immensely small in comparison. Starfire is so much smaller then the actual singularity that the energy was super super minuscule in comparison. Maybe someone else will re calc this and find that I made an error but as of this moment this is not the cosmic feat I thought it was.


Now granted, I still think Starfire is in the Stellar Range. She has ~34 other showings that are each planetary or stellar (mostly stellar), primarily from scaling to other Titans Members or to Lanterns and Lantern-Level entities.





I guess let this be a lesson about taking surface area for granted 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment