Friday, February 23, 2024

DC Exploration: Introduction

 I'm planning on starting a new blog series called DC Exploration, which is where I will semi-consistently make blogs briefly explaining the powers of various DC Characters. This is because DC is a massive franchise and there are many odd bits and ends of DC that I think people don't know about that I'd like to introduce them too. These blogs are not meant to be very in-depth, and with each one I'm imagining three sections those being who is this character, what is their general power level, and what are their most notable powers, as well as maybe what any important weaknesses of them are. 

Before I do that I wanna give roughly what I think the tiers of DC Comics are. To my mind there are roughly seven

Tier 7: Civilian Tier

Tier 6: Vigilante Tier

Tier 5: Metahuman Tier

Tier 4: Lantern Tier (also known as Kryptonian Tier)

Tier 3: Fourth World Tier

Tier 2: Fifth World Tier

Tier 1: Sixth World Tier


I will be using then when explaining a character's rough power level inside the DCU, as well as saying whether I think they're more on the lower end, upper end, or in the middle of their tier. Most characters you actually read about in comics are between Tiers 6 and 4, with characters in Tier 2 and 1 being extremely rare. There are a couple of characters above Tier 1 and there are a number of characters Below Tier 7, namely characters that are super small but most of the characters I'll cover I think will be between Tier 6 and Tier 3, with maybe some occasional forays up or down. 


Feel free to request a particular character you want to see in this series in the comments of any of these blogs though I am trying to prioritize more obscure characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment