Friday, September 29, 2017

Death Prediction: Flowey vs The Narrator




In fiction there are plenty of villains that like to torment the main character. And then there are some villains that want to torment even the pla...

The blogger continued on her boring diatribe, utterly ignorant to how wrong and simple-minded she was regarding The Narrator's vital role in the story. 

What a joke this girl is! Thinking she can tell us which sections we are supposed to talk in!

...come on guys, we talked about this. You were supposed to let me talk uninterrupted and then the fight would happen and I would get out of the way.

Oh how silly of me......I'd love to let you get back to that, but it seems like "I" would do a much better job then this bum rap you gave for me.

Unfortunately, I must agree with the Flower. Your skills at understanding us are distinctly....mediocre. Allow us please to present ourselves.

Huuuh. Fine.


Howdy! Flowey the Flower:

Origin:

Deep underground we monsters live, forced by the humans down there long ago. When the prince of the monsters Asriel, was slain, and his soul left, his determination, his will to live, was injected into a golden flower from the outside.

And thus was I resurrected. I am Flowey, I have will. I have DETERMINATION, but I lack a soul. That means I don't have compassion, or joy, or any of those emotions.....

But I'm fine with that.

Those things only hinder your ability to survive! It's kill or be killed. When the human fell into the underground, It was something I couldn't predict and so with them, I could put into place my plan....

Physical Capacities:

I may look like a normal flower, but you'll find me a little bit tougher then that...hahaha

I can withstand a fireball from Toriel, who similarly knocked aside Asgore, king of the monsters, with just one fireball. For offense, I can cause my massive roots to spring up from the ground and ensnare many people at once. Look at how they pulse with eletricity...hehehehe

SOUL manipulation:

While I don't have a soul myself, I certainly know how to manipulate them, just like all monsters. I can affect the soul directly and in some timelines I have absorbed six humans soul at once, or all the monster souls, it felt goooood to feel them wriggling helplessly. Souls are quite the source of power...even monster souls can maintain our bodies.....human souls.....ohhh the power THOSE have.

If I want to destroy someone's soul I can summon up my signature "friendliness pellets", even completely encircle someone's soul to watch them struggle helplessly. This attack is so powerful it even destroyed ol Asgore's soul. Sure he was weakened by the human, but he wasn't fatally wounded, his soul still had enough power to maintain his body.

SAVE and LOAD:

The first time I almost died here, I suddenly realized "Wait...what happens to those who die.....who don't have a soul?.....No! No, I don't want to die!"

This awakened something primal within me, my DETERMINATION allowed me to return to a previous point of time. Turns out I could SAVE at any point of the timeline and return to it at a later point. I was immortal!

Until that human came, I could do this indefinitely. Even after the human appeared, I could still remember all the previous timelines. Only I, the human, and that old Bonehead sans did. It's a helpful trait if you are "determined" enough to use it to your advantage.

FLOWEY X:

Confused? This is the game's code name for what my fans refer to as "Photoshop Flowey" or "Omega Flowey".

When I absorb 6 human souls, I reach a much a stronger, I become a god of this world. Upon reaching said godhood, my very power crashes the game the player is playing. And when they start it up again, they find I have made....a few adjustments. I can shape the world to my bidding completely.

In this state I have quite a few more attacks. Locusts, Plant Centipedes, Arm-Mounted Flamethrowers, a rain of bombs...so many beautiful attacks

I am also stronger in my old abilities as well.....remember my friendliness pellets....they're a bit more friendly this time....they will follow and track the soul I sent them too. My vines are much more numerous for me to attack enemies. Even my ability to SAVE and LOAD are increased.....

If you think you can get beat me in this form, you'll find yourself quite wrong. I can save over other files and load them at will. And if you try and run away I'll break your precious save files to bits. I have direct control over the very mechanics of the game!

Asriel Dreemur, God of Hyperdeath:

My...true form. YOUR worst nightmare. This state requires 7 human souls, or if you are crafty like me you'll remember 1 human soul is equal to every monster soul in the underground and steal 6 humans souls plus every monster soul (or all but one...strangely enough). 

 This me has even more attacks to utilize, these ones named for emphasis:

SHOCKER BREAKER: I rain down lightning on my enemy's soul
CHAOS SABER: Summons up my two blades to slash at my opponent
CHAOS BUSTER: Summons up a giant laser to blade with
STAR BLAZING: Attacks my opponent with a rain of stars
HYPER GONER: I destroy and recreate the universe in my image

This was all using but a small portion of my power. When I want to go full out, I can show my true power as the God of Hyperdeath

In this state I attack with even stronger projectiles. Even my very presence can damage the fabric of spacetime....and will eventually destroy the world. And with all my power I can create an energy blast that can destroy even most game options

Mental:

I am quite clever if I may say....I manipulated the human along two timelines so that eventually I could become Asriel Dreemur. I have plenty of experience accumulated over my many resets. I have read every book, solved every person, killed every person....all of it

Weaknesses:

Weaknesses? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! hehe I don't have such....

Alright I think that's quite enough.

What are you doing? This is MINE!

Yes, well all the above is certainly following the story....but if you are claiming you have no weaknesses then I'm afraid you aren't following the story any more.

If someone with more determination then him appears, Flowey loses his ability to LOAD and SAVE at will. Flowey is a cruel sadistic flower...but his own sadism leads to him playing around with people he should have already killed. 

Beyond that, his flower self is much more fragile then his other selves, and his stronger forms are both subject to the souls themselves turning against him...quite an important story detail to just skim over little Flowey......

Grrrrrrhhhhhhhhh, GET OUT!

Personality:
I...didn't always used to be this way. When I first came back as a flower, I tried to help everyone. I solved all their problems, became their companion. It was amusing at first....but then it just repeated. What does this person do if I do this? Say this? They just repeat the same old thing. I started killing them...mostly out of curiosity, "Oh, I hate this...but I just HAVE to know"....What an excuse. It's so liberating to act how you want. 

Don't pretend to be shocked at how I act....look at you there, reading about two beings forced to fight to the death for your amusement. What a freak!

My whole philosophy can be summed down into one sentence. "KILL or BE KILLED!" The world is a plaything to make what you want out of it, and if some IDIOT tries to stand in my way....

heheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...


As Flowey ended his character section, the Narrator cleared his voice and prepared to give the appropriate character introduction.

Origin:

Once upon a time there was a man named Stanley. A man whose job was solely to push buttons. And he delighted in it. However one day he found that all mysteriously all his co-workers had gone missing. That's of course where The Narrator, that is to say I. come in.

My job was and is simple. I made a very beautiful piece of art, all about the nature of human choice, freedom and slavery, full of deep symbolism....but mysteriously Stanley suddenly started acting....out of character. Disobeying my narration.

It wasn't Stanley. It was a real person. And so, with a stoic grin, The Narrator prepared to deal with this strange anomaly that had messed with his hard work.

Being:

I am not a physical entity per se. I am a consciousness, which a rare dialogue says am shaped by the space and time I am in. I can change who I am telling the story about at a moment's notice and contrary to popular conception, I am actually aware of the alternate timelines and alternate timelines selves of myself

Reality-Manipulation:

Via speaking, I can alter move the plot of the story and alter reality as I see fit. 

Most often this involves manipulation of space and time. I have caused Stanley to float through a magical starfield without ever leaving his office and trap him in a spatial loop. I can seemingly change the flow of time by saying it is moving differently and can add more time to a timer at will. I can also teleport Stanley without actually resetting the timeline. And if someone is cheating I can send them away to The Serious Room for one hundred billion trillion years or infinity years to convey how serious the problem is.

I can also warp reality in other ways, basically any way I can think of. I can cause an building complex to burn to a crisp or sink into the ground. I can spontaneously cause a nuclear bomb to appear or drive a man insane. It was "I" who erased all of Stanley's co-workers.

And of course, if things get too grim, I can play a bit of music to lighten the mood.

Meta-Manipulation:

Given the importance of my role in the story, I can also manipulate the story more directly as it's Narrator.

Of course I myself am not beholden to the plot should I choose not to be. After-all, the best artists of the world give themselves room to change the script should inspiration hit. I can alter the functions of the game at will, such as adding in a worldwide leaderboard or sending the game into a cutscene. If the player needs instructions on something, I can stop the game to put on an instructional video. Aren't I ever so helpful and generous?

If things are going really poorly, I can shut the game down or restart it entirely. I can also load up new games, like these newfangled popular games like uh....what are they called....Digcart? and Entrance?

Intelligence:

Well I certainly like to think of myself as an intelligent fellow. I have remade the timeline ever so many times that I have gathered quite the experience. I am well aware of the fact that I am in a video-game and the relative tropes of the game. That is why I made my game to commentate on relative video game tropes. I wanted to make ART.

Of course even the parable isn't as artistic as my invention of the baby game, which after 4 hours of play, merges the player's essence with the Essence of Divine Art, the strongest being in the multiverse. 

Weaknesses:

Weakness? I am not some "character" who has various challenge and tribunals in the story, I am the Narrator.

Oh no you don't. It's my turn now!

Oh it's you again. Please, enlighten us on what "weaknesses" I supposedly have.

The Narrator is a pretentious, arrogant tyrant, who doesn't care about anything but his lame story. 

Lame?!

He tortures beings who don't follow him instead of killing them, leaving him open. He never goes for the kill! It's always games, games and more games! He also has no ability to curtail peoples' free will.

Yes, well I can SEE how from your perspective that might seem like a weakness, but you don't seem to understand the importance of that to the larger narrative and themes of....now where did he go?

Personality:

You know....I once believed the player and I could get along. I was excited to tell them my story, to entertain them and make video games art!

Maybe to you I seem cruel, but I think it's pretty hypocritical to come along to hear someone else's story, and then forcibly break it at any opportunity. I put a lot of work into making a good story, only for someone to come along and selfishly destroy it partway through. Why? Because it was so gosh-darned important to them that they have their own story instead. 

I want them to see what I see. That in this world they are nothing more then observers, passively absorbing reality instead of creating it. That in just sitting there pressing buttons or scrolling down you are doing nothing to make the world better for yourself, just passively accepting it.

I am sorry that I expected the artist and the viewer could get along, could work together for the story. I guess that was asking too much...


Alright, the combatants are set........I think? It's time for a death battle? Maybe

"Oh hey since my game was so awful why don't we play someone else's game just to ease the pain....let's see what do we have here.....hmmmmmm.....what's this....Undertale? It's a new popular game...let's give it a shot, why not?"

Stanley arose from a small patch of flowers to discover he had fallen down some distance. He looked through to find a small corridor. Stanley walked through the corridor to discover...

"Howdy, I'm Flowey the Flower!"

A Small Flower with a smiling face emerged from the ground. He...

Hey, who are you?

Apparently the flower didn't have a single moment to just LET THE NARRATOR TALK. 

What's going on...wait a minute this isn't.......then that means that.....hehehe...if what I think is true then if I beat your two idiots, I am going to have a real fun time!

Huhhhhhhhh....Stanley, this nuisance will only take a moment. Just walk in circles for a second.

FIGHT!

Save 1

Save 1

Hmm? What's this thing?

It's your soul...and THESE are my friendliness pellets.

The Narrator looked on in apprehension as his soul was surrounded by projectiles from this Flowey

Die!

The Narrator, thinking quickly teleported his soul behind the dim-witted flower

Huh? Urgghh....

Do you think you can beat me? Hahahahaha. The Flower quickly realized the futility of it all as he was suddenly engulfed by a tremendous flame

Ahhhh! Woah! 

The Flower squirmed and dodged, trying to dart around the impending flames

Load 1

Huh? 

Die!

The Narrator, thinking quickly teleported his soul behind the dim-

Got you this time! 

The Narrator felt his soul being grabbed by the edges of the Flower's strange tentacles and he....

Shut up! Just die!

Load 1

Urghhh...

It seems this could go on forever little flower....what strange game is this that it can go on forever....perhaps we should just leave and go to another game

Oh but the game ends so satisfactory.....my game shall end so pleasently..........

The Narrator hearing this, created a secret Easter Egg entrance right next to where they were standing to the end-game

HA!

Hey, wait where are you going so quickly.

Yes! Yes!!!!! There souls....this isn't my world...there's no Asgore to stop me

Flowey grabbed onto 6 rainbow souls, too preoccupied to notice that....wait....wait what's going on

















Reader, begin the game again?

1 comment:

  1. ...WOW, that was a Meta Masterpiece imp chan i can't clap enough, you always say how much you love my trailers for their creativity and the talent in them. It seems like you beat me out on that here today as me and Shades meta match of Axe Cop VS Bobobo didn't go near this creative with it. You made additional blogs for peat sake to represent different timelines! that is GENIUS! These characters were perfect for each other and it is hilarious the fact that you were barley in it, these two took over the blog almost immediately, pure gold, especially in the weaknesses. The Fight, omg the fight, the brilliance in which they incorporated iconic things from both games to set up, the fact you used stuff from the trailer i made for you (Which was super sweet) and how they basically tore apart reality five times was truly amazing, let alone how fantastic the banter was. the ending surprised me, i knew i shoulda gone with my preanalysis prediction, but i over analyzed it so i got to say you were correct, this was a work of art the narrator would be proud of and flower wouldn't find boring, you should be very proud, Enjoy your break imp chan, you super deserve it

    ReplyDelete