Saturday, August 6, 2022

Lucifer Morningstar Reading Guide

I said I'd made one of these for every DC Character I did a VS blog on, but I feel kind of silly doing one for Lucifer because it's pretty simple. If you want to read Lucifer Morningstar's story just read Volume 1 of "Lucifer" written in 2000, and then, if you read, Lucifer Volume 3 written in 2018.

Lucifer doesn't have that many appearances, and when he does they are brief. You really don't need to read Volume 2 as it's not treated as canon, and subjectively it's not very good. Volume 3 imo started off pretty slow but does get really good. The New 52 Lucifer is very clearly a different character.

The only other content for Lucifer I would consider is his original Sandman appearances... but even while the Sandman is my favorite comic series and I would definitely recommended it but just reading out of context issues for Lucifer doesn't seem a very good idea and Lucifer Volume 1 explains the important parts anyway. If you wanna read Lucifer Morningstar's story, read volume 1 and then if you read volume 3, and you're good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment