Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Who is the strongest Magical Girl

 

So I'm someone who really loves magical girl series, at this point I've seen at least part of 100 series probably, and I also do vs debating as a hobby. One of the things I've tried to do especially is change people's perceptions about magical girls and how powerful they are. When I first got into vs debating people's perception was that magical girls were all street tier characters that could be beaten by normal people with guns, as opposed to how they're usually portrayed in universe as spellcasters or magical warriors capable of defeating literally cosmic threats. Even Mid Tier MG series I would estimate usually fight planetary or nigh planetary threats with high tiers most often fighting universal to multiversal enemies.

But that tends to raise the question of who is the strongest magical girl. I wanted to make this as a quick explanation on who the strongest is but there's unfortunately 2 problems with that, one being that the subjectivity and differnce in interpretation, my style of interpretation is I would say usually more conservative then a place like vs battles wiki's, and I don't really use dimensional tiering. The other problem is the answer, like with most of these "strongest x in y genre" is that it's not likely to be any of the really famous well known characters, it's more likely to be some obscure series most people haven't heard off that just happens to have really high end feats. So for this I'm going to give 2 answers: what the strongest I know of is using "dimensional tiering" and then what the strongest is by my standards.


Strongest Magical Girl via Dimensional Tiering:

I'm not someone who uses dimensional tiering so I may get the details wrong on this but I believe going by that system the strongest would be Tiara from Shamanic Princess. Tiara merges with the Throne of Yord which is beyond "truth" and "falsehood", and would thus be a transdual entity which afaik vs battles wiki believes to be "1-A" although they have more specific requirements so this may not apply. 

There's magical girls in the Fate franchise from Prisma Illya, and I have heard that Fate has stuff that high but can neither confirm nor deny because I don't know anything about the Fate franchise. There's nothing in the Prisma Illya series itself that would be even remotely relevant in the discussion, I am merely mentioning in case they scale to something I'm unaware of in the rest of their franchise. I don't believe anyone considers them this high but mostly covering my bases.

Beyond that it's mostly verses being stated to be x dimensional with characters scaling. Sacred Slayer Matoi has 24 dimensional space in it that Matoi can warp. Magical Girl Pretty Sammy exists within the Tenchi Muyo franchise which has 20-D characters thought Pretty Sammy doesn't scale to anyone of note in it iirc, Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru has higher dimensional stuff. Sailor Moon arguably has that number of dimensions since Act 12 it's pretty much explictly stated that there is a higher spatial dimension and then there's the timeless void transcending concepts of space which would be like 6D I guess. Numerous other magical girl franchises have higher dimensions of some unknown number. Madoka has reality-fiction divide which vs battles wiki treats as a higher dimension, Clamp Multiverse I'm pretty sure has a higher dimension, Pierrot Universe has higher dimensions from the crossover alien x special where it's stated alien x exists in more then 3 spatial dimensions, the Tokyo Mew Mew anime hilariously enough said that Deep Blue's conciousness resided in a higher dimension, The Nanoha Multiverse explictly has higher dimensional space, probably more I'm not thinking of at the moment, a lot of magical girl I haven't seen in a while and wasn't exactly looking for feats.

Truthfully this is not really my type of vs debating, if I had to guess going by dimensional tiering the strongest would be Tiara.

If you're using a more generous definition of magical girl, I guess the strongest would be Elaine Belloc from DC, although it depends on what you mean by magical girl. I've been using more of a strict definition for these. 


Strongest Magical Girl via my standards:

So I don't use dimensional tiering. There are different levels of infinity but you can't reach a higher physical quantity of energy then infinite, because of the nature of infinity. This is my current view and it's something I haven't seen a good argument against yet. Going by my standards I believe the strongest magical girl overall would be Cardcaptor Sakura.

Why Sakura? Well it's not like there aren't magical girl I think could beat Sakura, but Sakura scales above Clow Reed who could warp fundamental laws of the multiverse, or the multiverse entirely, with a single thought accidentally which to me is far and away the most impressive raw power feat. She's got multiversal scale magic resistance, which negs the abilities of most of these characters, she's got her own vast arsenal of hax magical abilities not the least of which being the ability to conceptually warp the multiverse like Clow Reed as well as know everything in the multiverse if she chooses. 

Again there are some magical girls I think could beat her, specifically some of the strongest ones who also use physical attacks and have their own wide variety of haxes, but I think on average she probably has the best matchups against other relative top tier magical girls. I did say Sailor Moon would beat her, but that to me is because basically I think Sailor Moon in particular counters her well, since Sailor Moon actually does have physical/non-magical attacks she could use, Usagi's higher speed, and Sakura not wanting to use her full power against Usagi due to Usagi's vastly superhuman charisma that Sakura would immediatly notice, as well as bunch of other minor factors. That said, Sakura I think is probably the strongest magical girl overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment